Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ergo carrier, what a lifesaver


After being told how fantastic the Ergro carrier was and being outbid a million times on ebay for an Ergro carrier. We recently purchased a performance Ergro carrier. The difference between the original carrier was the material. The performance is much lighter in weight with more breathable meshwork which was ideal for us. It was a good idea to try it on at the store and find out for ourselves how easy it was to put on and how light Jaemkins was to carry afterwards.

Pros: Comfortable and ergonomically correct for baby. Most of the weight goes onto your hips rather than your shoulders, so its very easy on the back and shoulders (unlike most other carriers). Found that there's 3 different carrying positions (front, back and hip). Lightweight, easy to wash and dry. Cool for summer.

Cons: Only available in lime green and grey. Baby can't face outward. Difficult to get baby into the carrier in the back carry position (we have mastered it with 2 people but not by myself).

Overall: This is a wonderful baby carrier. I bought it because I find the Baby Bjorn so uncomfortable after Jaeminkins was 6 months since he was so long and much heavier and the weight used to hurt my back.  But I have had no back/shoulder pain at all with the Ergo. Somehow it feels as if almost all of baby's weight is on my hips, with hardly any weight pulling down on my shoulders, very strange sensation the first time I put it on with Jaeminkins, kept wondering where he was at times.

I think after having used the Baby bjorn from birth to 6months that the Ergo is much better from 6 months as you don't have the problem of the baby's feet dangling in front so you can bend down and pick up things without too much fuss.

I think when travelling. I would carry my baby in the Ergo all the time and not use the pram at all! I hope Pepe and I can master the back carry position as this will make the carrier really useful for hiking. We recently went away to Port Stephens and used the Ergro on our walk and it was fantastic and Jaeminkins slept most of the time in it.

Jaeminkins has taken to the Ergo pretty quickly after being in the Baby Bjorn.. He seems happy enough to turn his head to see things so its not really a problem that he can't face outwards in the Ergo.

I also managed to make matching sucking pads to put on the Ergo carrier which has been great as Jaeminkins is teething so everything is being gnawed at or slobbered on.

I definitely recommend Ergro to all mums with bubs older than 6  months, certainly saved my back and it also means extra boot space as you don't need the pram when your away travelling. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment