Friday, March 25, 2011

Ebay disaster

Okay I'll admit it, I'm not the best at ebay and this story pretty much sums it up.

Main product photo of Safety 1st Bouncing Baby Play PlaceI've been on the search for a secondhand baby activity centre, its a toy which give bubs an endless amount of amusement. It's pretty much a multi-use play unit features three activity modes a baby walker, rocker and stationary activity centre. It encourages exploration with 8 interactive toys, sound and lights and it grows with your baby with three adjustable height settings.

So I've been watching a few on ebay and bidding haphazardly. Usually I'm not online when the bids are counting down so I miss out or I've forgotten when the bids finish or I'm out and about and get outbid whilst trying to bid on the iphone.

This time I thought I had it in the bag, I found one in Sydenham for $25 when rrp is $160. Score right? That's what I thought.

So the bid closes and as I was the only bidder, I ended up winning it. I finally won a bid for once and as the conditions were pickup only, I ask for more details in regards to the location. Imagine my surprise when the vendor tells me its Sydenham Victoria. Huh?!

As I google the location and chat to my brother in law, I get told its at least an hours drive out of Melbourne CBD and I'm thinking opps as its going to be absolutely impossible to get. With the possibilities of posting it or having someone to drive up to Sydney, it was an expensive exercise.

In the meantime, Pepe was at drinks telling work colleagues that he was proud that I finally won something but he was secretly happy that I was terrible at ebay so I didn't spend any money. So when it came to telling him the story, he's in hysterics laughing at me and it may certainly be the end of my ebay career.

But it really wasn't my fault as the vendor wrote Sydenham, Australia and I just assumed it was in NSW. But I should of heard alarm bells ringing as no one else was bidding on the item and I've been seeing the same item go for approx $40-$50.

Note to self, do not buy items outside a 50km radius of Sydney CBD and perhaps ask the vendor as to the location before proceeding.

Anyway til my next bid, I'll fill you in if its a success or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment