Friday, March 11, 2011

Bring back the perm haha

I decided I was bored with my hairdoo even though I had it cut short only a few weeks ago. So I headed over to my folk's place and they let me know that would happily babysat whilst I got a perm.
I remember my last perm was when I was a little girl and mum practicing on me as part of her hairdressing training. I remember being traumatised as it was a long process taking a few hours, my hair being pulled every each way, hair getting stuck in the rollers, the stinky hair products and a slight burning sensation on the scalp, eyes and even hair. 

Still cracks me up what an afro we had back then. How much has changed since that last photo was taken. There's an portable airconditioner unit where you poured water at the back and the sponge soaked it up. I think we still have that television somewhere but that aerial is classic.

Before I regress any further, I think being away for 2.75hrs was testing their patience as I got a few phonecalls and pictures sent to me of Jaeminkins in the jolly jumper which kept him amused for a short time. Dad complained about his dead arm as he was holding him for a period of time but as mum knew what was involved so was more understanding.

I'm pretty happy with the result, great bouncy curls but I don't like the fact that my dad calls me 'ajuma'. Is it really time to start being called that???




No comments:

Post a Comment