Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Out to dinner

After buying a dinner deal months before, I booked dinner out at Raffinato, Pyrmont. It's a relatively new Italian restaurant and cocktail bar which I was keen to checkout.

I was curious to see if we could go out to dinner, as a few nights ago when we went out for Dad's birthday dinner, it was a resounding success as Jaeminkins slept though it all.

Going through the usual routine of dinner, bath and bottle (as I'm still recovering from the chomp), I put him to bed and he went down with a one short squeak. Think he was tired from the amount of rolling around and head diving he's been doing lately. By the time Pepe came home, Jaeminkins was in a deep sleep so transferring him to the pram was easy as he slept through it all.

We received a nice welcome at the restaurant and managed to tuck the pram into a quiet corner.

As we were having a late dinner I was starving by the time we got to the restaurant. Started off with a cocktail, I had the MOSCOW MULE- fresh lime shaken with vodka, topped with ginger beer. Pepe had the NEGRONI-Tanqueray gin stirred with campari and sweet vermouth. Pepe's cocktail was way too strong for me.

For entree I had fried garfish served with fresh fennel and orange salad and seasoned Sicilian olives. Pepe had carpaccio of the day. The Sicilian olives were so good and cemented my excitement to be heading over there in less than 2 weeks. We tried the 2008 Marco Bonfante Roero Arneis d.o.c. Piemonte Italy and it matched very well with the saltiness of the olives and seafood.


 Main consisted of Blue swimmer crab, capelli dangelo (angel hair pasta), vine ripen cherry tomato, garlic, white wine and chilli. I had the veal filled with ricotta wrapped in proscuitto and red cabbage. Pepe selected
2004 La Casetta  Chianti Riserva d.o.c.g Toscana Italy to match our meal. It was a perfect match.

I was impressed with the food, the smell had me salivating and it tasted just as good. Definitely coming back for dinner and cocktails.



Since we hadn't quite finished off our red wine, I thought dessert of chocolate 3 ways would be best.
Chocolate mousse in the glass, chocolate ganache and toffee. It was just fantastic!


Our waiter was too kind and gave us a shot of limoncello to celebrate the fact we managed to go out to dinner with a sleeping baby.  Think that was enough to send me tipsy and it was windy road home for me.

Definitely recommend checking Raffinato out
46 Harris Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Tel: + 61 2 9660 4075
Open: wednesday to friday both lunch and dinner (midday to 3.00pm and 5.00 to close)
tuesday and saturday only dinner (from 5pm to close)

No comments:

Post a Comment