Friday, February 18, 2011

The screecher

Some say that some babies are quiet and seem to fuss very little. Other babies seem active form the first day of life and demand a lot of attention. Apparently neither extreme means there's anything wrong.
However crying and screeching is the baby's first form of communication.

So recently at about 4-5 months, Jaeminkins has learnt that he has a voice and has been expressing himself through making screeching noises. He screeches, screams and then starts laughing?? He does it so much sometimes that he starts to cough a lot.

I've noticed that he starts screeching mid afternoon or when we're out at dinner.

One time he screeched right after we had ordered the food. So going out for dinner has been a challenge. To get around this, one of us would eat dinner whilst the other held him and kept him occupied and then vice versa. The other trick was to walk him after we had our fill so the sound of cars passing by would dull down the screeching sounds and sympathetic parents would smile at us.

I'm waiting for him to start making different sounds other than screeching and syllables that will eventually turn into words. I've read that when they start to make different sounds that won't screech as much. I hope!

I've also read the noise mostly stems from the same thing – their inability to tell you what they really feel or want. Funny as I have no idea what they're trying to tell me either except that my ears are starting to get sore from listening to the high pitched screams.



No comments:

Post a Comment