Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yay for baby promotions!

Pottering away as usual at home I received a call to say that I had a large package arrive for me. Intrigued by the rather large box I thought it was the latest thing I had bought on ebay. I've become a rather big fan of ebay however, that's another story altogether.

Instead it was a gift from a baby promotion that I had entered in before Christmas which I completely forgotten about.

As my original preference was unavailable they sent me the alternative which was more expensive, the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Farm. It's currently retailing at the stores for $199.99 so it was nice surprise. Pepe commented that it was the first toy we've actually gotten for Jaeminkins besides the  teddybear from Hamleys.

Jaeminkin's eyes lit up once it had been set up amd his animal friends were ready to play. He is too young to open the gate and crawl through but basically this action triggers the sing-along songs, dancing lights, music, sounds and fun phrases. I was impressed that so much is going on with the veggie shapes to sort, chicken eggs to count plus lots of items to take out and place, flipping, spinning, pressing, sliding and turning discoveries on both sides of the gate.

Actually, I was having too much fun with it that Pepe decided that it needed to be packed away til Jaeminkins was ready to play with it when he's 6 months old, such a party pooper.

We noticed that our living room is starting to look like a Fisher-Price display room as we already have the baby rocker and playgym by the same brand.

We received the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Deluxe Musical Activity playgym as a Christmas present for Jaeminkins from Auntie Chris.

It has an extra-large round mat which offers lots of room for baby to explore with movable toys and a musical teddy that plays an assortment of tunes, giggles and phrases. You can choose up to 20 minutes of continuous music or let the baby activate short musical segments. The three arches make it easy to place baby in just the right spot to enjoy overhead discoveries, tummy time, or sit-up play. It's very easy to pack away as everything folds up inside the mat for portability and storage.

Currently, Jaeminkins either kicks the teddy or kicks the arch which sets the music off. It's amazing to see that he's beginning to figure out 'cause and effect', which is also the case when I step out of sight, he begins to cry but then as soon as I appear he quietens down again. It too hard not to give in once you see a big smile from Jaeminkins.

We also have the Fisher-Price newborn to toddler rocker. Its been great for us as it starts as an newborn seat as you can pull the backing down to make it into a low profile frame to support the baby's head. As Jaeminkins has grown, it has been easy to convert it to an infant seat and add toys for interactive play and also remove the stablising pads to make it a toddler rocker.
The rocker is nifty as it folds down easily, has a built-in handle and is machine washable for those little accidents which there has been a few.

It also has the option of calming vibrations which is suppose to help comfort and soothe the baby, I'm not too sure if it worked for Jaeminkins as it just reminded me of those fat blaster vibrating machines, strange thought, I know.

A recent development has been that Jaeminkins has figured out how to pull on the toy ring which activates the music. I'm still not used to hearing the music all of a sudden that I keep asking Pepe if he's pulled the toy ring and he always replies it wasn't him but Jaeminkins.

Another milestone to note, is that we've stopped swaddling him which has been an easy transition so far. He is too cute as you'll see one of my favourite pictures of him with his arms up sleeping amongst the clouds. I was a little afraid about the transition as we were used to putting him in his Miracle Wrap or rather a strait jacket that secures his hands down his side and ensures Jaeminkins a good night's sleep. I really can't complain as Jaeminkins is pretty good, he's happy to fall asleep in the pram, baby bjorn, car seat but I'm yet to see him fall asleep at his playgym.



At 18 weeks, Jaeminkin's has also discovered the use of his hands and feet and mastered the feat of grabbing his feet with his hands. He's also enjoys sitting up alot more and with all this activity it's enough to tire him out to sleep. Yay! 




No comments:

Post a Comment