Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time flies

I caught up with a girlfriend who recently had a baby and I was amazed how small babies are in the beginning. It got me thinking about how time flies by as Jaeminkins is nearly 15 weeks old. He's started to gurgle and talk so much more. He chuckles with laughter when you look directly at him and talk to him in a high pitch voice. He's also holding his head up by himself for longer periods of time whilst kicking his legs around and squirming.

I never realised how attached I am now to my little boy. I'm recognising how much development has taken place as Jaeminkins recognises my face and the sound of my voice from across the room, when he breaks out into a big smile when you greet him in the morning. Looking into those big green hazel eyes which keep changing colours everyday. Not too attached to the smelly poos and I'm definitely not looking forward to when he starts on solids.

Being a mum is much more rewarding now than in the beginning as I was still trying to figure out what he wanted, either it was a nappy change, being tired or hungry or seeking attention or being a general whinger.

It's funny to think back to the time before I had Jaeminkins, I had only held 2 babies in my life. One of which also did a projectile vomit of milk all over my new dress and I was not impressed at all. I was so startled that I nearly dropped the baby instead I quickly handed her back to her mum and the look on my husband's face was priceless.

I can say that I have experienced probably at most 4 changes of clothes in a day but that was right at the beginning when the nappy wasn't fitting properly and when Jaeminkins had mini spews.

Meeting up girlfriends with older kids and having seen what they get up to, I'm dreading the thought of J running around and having to chase him as I've seen my friends do that whilst at the shops. I know it's only a matter of time before he starts to roll over, crawl and even walk. I think I want him to be in the baby state for awhile longer as he's so easy to take care of since he's not mobile yet.

I've also started to get very concerned about his safety as my folks have a pool and I know he can't even crawl yet. Having read a recent article in the smh (http://www.smh.com.au/national/fatal-attraction-fearless-toddlers-drawn-to-water-20110104-19ep6.html) about toddlers having no fear of water until the age of 6 or 7, I've become aware of the extent of a mother's worry.

Well I better catch some zzz's as Jaemin is probably going to awake in the next few moments. Til next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment