Saturday, January 1, 2011

100 days, Happy New Year

New Year's Day marked Jaeminkin's 100th day milestone. In Korea, on the 100th day after a child's birth, a small feast is prepared to celebrate the child's having survived this difficult period because of the high infant mortality rates in the past.

So we celebrated by dressing up in Korean costume and posing for a few photographs. Mum and dad found it hilarious that Jaemin was too small fit into his outfit sent from my uncle in Korea. It was a task to have everyone's eyes open, smiling, looking at the camera when the timer went off. Just reminded me of my wedding group shots and everyone was either doing something odd, think I'll need to photoshop everyone to get the perfect picture=)

As it was a hot day we donned our swimmers and went for a dip in the pool. I asked Mum to take a few photos on my camera and as she took to the task and aimed the camera at us, we heard the halfway click to hear that it was in focus but to Mum it meant that it took a photo? Once I corrected this, I assumed that she could take a few nice shots but when I downloaded the shots, it was interesting to find that we were barely in the picture at all. I've included one example, I couldn't add the other shots as it was either my head chopped off and perhaps an arm of James. Technology and parents hey!

We then spent most of the time eating mixed cold noodles (bibim nangmyun), rice cakes (dok) and shortbread cookies.  A great day to welcome in the new year with the family.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day!! Fantastic tradition. Love the pool shot, too funny :)
    I must say your pic of the pink, white and green sweets brought back fond memories! Are these the ones filled with a yellowish mung bean paste? My favorite!!! I used to have to get to this shop in campsie one day a week before they sold out. Great post x

    ReplyDelete