Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nice and Cannes

Its hot and feels like summer here, Nice is full of police due to the Franco-African summit with all the African heads of state and French President meeting for discussions.

Being in Nice brought back memories when I was last here, went to the market place where I bought lots of jewellery, the cobblestone beaches and alfresco dining. Enjoying it alot more now and been listening to hubby using his french. He's pretty good=)

Have been enjoying the sun and nicoise salads. Haven't had my fill of pastries or chocolate and Will commented that this was the best time to eat these due to my expanding girth. Hmmm, men come out with the best comic timing about weight.

Funny story, I told hubby to grab me a panettone whilst he got himself a baguette. He gets parma ham on his baguette and comes back to the table sheepishly saying he forgot that I was I pregnant and couldn't eat that. Not sure how you could forget but it made me laugh.


Been sitting in sun lounges in Cannes getting a nice tan and I don't really want this holiday to end ever. We've been staying at the Intercontinental, very swish.

The markets here are amazing with such beautiful looking produce. I can say that the tomatoes are so sweet and are like nothing I have ever tasted, wishing I could ship it all back home with me.


Okay enough writing for me as these french keyboards are hard work and plus the baby is moving around so much it must be time for dinner. We're off to Lyon next and then to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment